Does anyone know where you can find new plastic corners?
March 07, 2007 10:31PM
I have two Sidewinders and they are both missing the rubber/plastic corners that go around the hull. Every Sidewinder I've ever encountered has been missing or had damaged molding. I thought maybe someone who worked or knew someone who worked in the plastic business who could help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2007 06:05AM by Jason Malchow.
Re: Does anyone know where you can find new plastic corners?
March 08, 2007 04:37AM
They could also be fabricated out of aluminum as well. One of my boats has aluminum corners and the other plastic. If someone found a fabricator, I would be willing to send them one of my corners so they could make more.

Perhaps I can find a fabricator locally who could do it. I'll check into that.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
March 08, 2007 06:25AM
If we could produce a list of owners who need these corners it would probably make it easier to justify making new ones. Hopefully there are more owners besides me who are interested. If so I do have one of the back corners and would just need the front nose piece to make duplicates.

I like the idea of making them from aluminum. I was wondering what the aluminum corners look like. Are they made of cast aluminum? I also wonder what kind of plastic the corners are made of. I'm guessing a type of vinyl.

Jason

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 07:05PM by Jason Malchow.
August 08, 2007 12:03AM
My Sidewinder has one good corner and one broken. Also the bow trim is missing. I'm a carpenter so I was thinking wood, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login