Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does anyone know where you can find new plastic corners?

Posted by Jason Malchow 
Does anyone know where you can find new plastic corners?
March 07, 2007 10:31PM
I have two Sidewinders and they are both missing the rubber/plastic corners that go around the hull. Every Sidewinder I've ever encountered has been missing or had damaged molding. I thought maybe someone who worked or knew someone who worked in the plastic business who could help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2007 06:05AM by Jason Malchow.
Re: Does anyone know where you can find new plastic corners?
March 08, 2007 04:37AM
They could also be fabricated out of aluminum as well. One of my boats has aluminum corners and the other plastic. If someone found a fabricator, I would be willing to send them one of my corners so they could make more.

Perhaps I can find a fabricator locally who could do it. I'll check into that.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
March 08, 2007 06:25AM
If we could produce a list of owners who need these corners it would probably make it easier to justify making new ones. Hopefully there are more owners besides me who are interested. If so I do have one of the back corners and would just need the front nose piece to make duplicates.

I like the idea of making them from aluminum. I was wondering what the aluminum corners look like. Are they made of cast aluminum? I also wonder what kind of plastic the corners are made of. I'm guessing a type of vinyl.

Jason

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 07:05PM by Jason Malchow.
August 08, 2007 12:03AM
My Sidewinder has one good corner and one broken. Also the bow trim is missing. I'm a carpenter so I was thinking wood, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login