Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sidewinder cockpit Bailer

Posted by scottshillsailor 
Sidewinder cockpit Bailer
February 19, 2006 09:24PM
Does anyone know where to find the rectangular push-style cockpit bailers that came in sidewinders? I had to take parts from the bailer on my other sidewinder to make the one in my good boat work, but i would like to put an aditional bailer in the other side of the cockpit replacing the ball type scupper that just dosent seem to work as well. any help would be appreciated,

Gray

The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.
Re: Sidewinder cockpit Bailer
February 20, 2006 01:33AM
I've heard the bailers were made by Holt Allen. Perhaps you could try searching around all the various marine parts websites. If you find a match, let us know.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
February 20, 2006 04:00AM
I found a few different styles of bailers from anapolis performance sailing, none of them are exactly like what was original in the sidewinder, and i'm not sure exactly what the size of the original was but if anyone is interested the website is: [www.apsltd.com]

The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.
February 21, 2006 03:11AM
Any idea what the dimensions are (my Sidewinder is in storage)? I found a Holt Allen bailer that fits a hole 42mm x 62mm

Paul
February 21, 2006 06:37PM
I do not know the demensions off the top of my head, but i will try to get out there and measure it when i get home

February 22, 2006 02:28AM
I measured the Bailer earlier this afternoon and if i remember correctly the outside demensions were 3" by 2 1/4" I dont know what that is in mm but i'm sure there is a conversion out there somewhere, hope this helps.
Gray

February 22, 2006 02:37AM
Darn, sounds bigger than the bailer I found. I calculate about 76mmx57mm when I convert your measurements to millimeters.

Paul
February 23, 2006 02:44AM
Unless you are trying to keep your boat as original as possible it would not be too hard to enlarge the hole for the new bailer, the fiberglass in the bottom of the hull is only about 1/4" thick and solid.

February 24, 2006 02:35PM
The bailer is a Holt Allen # HA4155 and I purchased at Apsltd.com installed with no problems.
March 08, 2006 12:16AM
I just bought a bailer this winter at Annapolis Performance Sailing part number HA4155. I matched it to parts of an old one and parts numbers on the old one. I took it off my 1978 boat.
Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login