Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandit 15 mask rake

Posted by mordway 
Bandit 15 mask rake
December 23, 2007 03:17PM
We recently purchased a Bandit 15 and after reviewing the rigging instructions noticed that there was a reference to a set of instructions called "Sailing the Bandit 15" which has information for setting the mast rake. Is there anyone who could provide this information? We would love to add it to the documentation we have on hand.

Mark
Re: Bandit 15 mast rake
January 13, 2008 04:50PM
Are there any Bandit 15 owners who can help with this question?
Re: Bandit 15 mask rake
March 02, 2008 05:09PM
Well, it seems no one answered your question, Mark. I know there were some Bandit 15 owners in here but it seems they are not watching the site.

Good luck with your boat.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
March 10, 2008 08:52AM
The only way that I can see to adjust mast rake in my Bandit 15 is to pin the Jib halyard in a different hole in the bracket. Also the side stays are adjustable, but from rigging my own bandit it seems straight up and down is the best way to rig it. Because of the goofy way the jib halyard acts as the fwd stay for the mast.

I also routed the main halyard outside of the mast to make it easier to raise and lower the main sail.
March 12, 2008 12:16PM
Paul and dmday3000,

Thank you for your responses.

I am familiar with the shroud adjusters and the jib halyard pin bracket. There are a number of holes for each and I am never quite sure when the pins should be in which position for which condition. We probably sail with our mast straight up and down too.

I would still like to see what "Sailing the Bandit 15" has to say.

Thanks again for your comments.

Mark
March 13, 2008 04:08AM
mordway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I would still like to see what "Sailing the Bandit
> 15" has to say.
>
> Thanks again for your comments.
>

Me too! I hope someone finds this manual and sends me a copy!

Paul
March 24, 2008 11:57PM
Paul,

I am not sure if anything will come of it but there is a slight possibility that I might have a line on this illusive document. If so, I will let you know.

Mark
March 27, 2008 10:14AM
Outstanding, Mark. I have my fingers crossed.

Paul
March 29, 2008 09:19AM
Yea, I want to see it too!
April 11, 2008 12:48AM
Paul,

I still have yet to find the document that tells you how to set the mast rake for the Bandit 15 but hopefully this attachment will lend some new information for other Bandit 15 owners.

Mark
April 11, 2008 02:17AM
Paul,

I couldn't get the attachment to go through. Is there a fax number I can send it to?

Mark
April 13, 2008 05:51PM
Can you send me the attachment?

dmday3000@gmail.com
April 13, 2008 06:59PM
Mark,

I sent you my email address. Did you get it? If you could send me the attachment, I will post it for all.

Paul
April 16, 2008 01:23AM
Attachments were broken. I've reset things and tested and it seems to work now. Mark, can you please upload the attachment again?

Thanks.

Paul
April 23, 2008 03:32AM
Paul,

I sent the document. Let me know if it came through ok.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 02:27PM by Paul.
April 25, 2008 02:27PM
Got it! I'll post it as soon as I can. Thanks.

Paul
April 30, 2008 11:33PM
Any idea when that document will be available? I'm actively sailing my Bandit now, any little bit of info helpssmiling smiley
May 01, 2008 01:43AM
I just posted it to the Bandit 15 section of the website. Thanks to Mark!

Paul
June 04, 2008 06:49PM
My boat typically has some heavy weather helm so last weekend I tried setting my side stay adjusters up one hole and moving the jib halyard back about three holes on the adjusters. The helm is more neutral now with a slight weather helm to it. So it seems you can do gross adjustments to the mast rake and some fine adjustments with the new vang.

I did notice that the boat points much better with the jib sheeted a little looser than I had been setting it. Before with the jib sheeted fairly tight the main would luff quite a bit and the boat would slow. Of course the new tell tales on the main help trimming quite a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login