Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Side Winder CenterBoard

Posted by Splart 
Side Winder CenterBoard
October 20, 2016 05:42PM
I just purchased a Sidewinder 16 as my first sailboat. I am restoring it now. I lost my centerboard and am looking to make or purchase a replacement. Any Sidewinder centerboards out there for grabs??...I live in Kent, Ohio.
JAB
Re: Side Winder CenterBoard
October 23, 2016 04:43PM
Hi,
Sorry, no center board for you but if you need to see one to get measurements to make your own, I'm a few miles north of you in Aurora with one I'm just putting away for winter.
Jeff
JAB
October 24, 2016 01:16AM
I don't have one for sale but you can use mine to take some measurements if you want to make your own, perhaps out of plywood.
November 03, 2016 11:58PM
So I priced 6061 T6 Aluminum plate at .190 thickness(3/16ths inch) and found a variety of prices for 2'x4' plate...from $85.00 up to $300.00 for the same metal.....So Before ordering I am curious to the exact thickness I need . The centerboard trunk is about 1/2 inch wide I think...So my question is might I be better off going with thicker plate say .250 or .375 maybe??....any input would be helpful.
November 07, 2016 12:20AM
I just measured mine, It is .275.

There are measurements on this website, but if you can trace out a pattern from a real one you'll be much better off

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2016 12:21AM by Paul.
November 07, 2016 01:37PM
Thank You ,
Jeff and Paul.....Jeff you have my email splartist@aol.com, Let me know when I can drive up and trace the centerboard.
Thanks again
Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login