Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Size Whip Reacher?

Posted by cas 
cas
Size Whip Reacher?
February 26, 2011 02:19AM
My Whip has main and jib but no reacher. Anyone know the design numbers for the reacher? Or can measure one?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Size Whip Reacher?
March 05, 2011 03:35AM
The Reacher is about 160%. It is much easier to use if you have an above deck furling drum. I live in VA if you want to look at my setup.
cas
March 05, 2011 05:42PM
Thanks for the response. The reacher has migrated down my ToDo list which grows daily. Unfortunately, the first item on my list is to keep the boat under wraps until May so that it doesn't distract me from my current after hours preoccupation which is finishing a class / term paper. I'll post my second item in my original thread (trailer related) to keep this thread reacher related. However, if you (or anyone else) gets bored some time during spring prep, please post a measure of the leach, luff, and foot lengths. Your statement of 160% means the LP = J +60% (approx)?

What part of VA are you sailing out of? I have relatives that I visit down in Isle of Wight area.

Chris
March 07, 2011 02:02AM
Haven't sailed my Whip for over a year. I live in Leesburg and have not found a good place near me to sail. I like the water so I have gone to the dark side. About to pass the sailboat to my son.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login