Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whip 33 Transfers Hands

Posted by cas 
cas
Whip 33 Transfers Hands
February 26, 2011 02:08AM
arknoah is trading up in size. I have acquired his MFG Whip. I will be busy with school (adult education) until May, so it will be kept under wraps until Spring.

Chris
cas
Re: Whip 33 Transfers Hands
March 05, 2011 06:07PM
First item on my ToDo list for May is to reconfigure the trailer. The trailer is titled as 1966, so I know it isn't the original trailer for my 1974 Whip. The boat is resting on two rollers with two bunks on each side. The bunks are pretty far apart. I've looked at the posted document about proper MFG boats bunk placement. The current bunks are too far apart according to that document. My options include 1) removing the current bunks and adding two new ones that are lower and close together. That is probably the quickest, easiest option.

2) Build some custom fit bulkheads that fit across the width of the boat and attach to the trailer frame as shown in the MFG document. This would probably be accomplished by laminating plywood together with epoxy until a desired thickness is achieved. Cardboard would probably be used to get a pattern. The pattern would be transferred to thin Luan. The Luan would be used to tweak the fit and then used as the final pattern for cutting the plywood. Some sort of carpeting would be used as padding across the top of the bulkhead.

I'll probably end up doing #1 at first since I have quite a ToDo list forming. Number #2 seems like it might be handy to do, eventually, especially if I connect fore/aft bulkheads with framing lumber and make it detachable from the trailer. Then I could store it on this frame off the trailer for long term projects. Right now I'm afraid to crawl around on the boat with the improper bunk arrangement which is why this is top of my list.

Any ideas/suggestions/words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login