Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandit 17 cabin floor

Posted by Dave 
Bandit 17 cabin floor
February 02, 2011 06:19AM
The previous owner of my boat made a really nice cabin floor out of pressure-treated lumber. This makes the cabin so much more usable.

[www.sailmfg.com]

There's actually two sections of floor; neither one is fastened down. (I'm a little concerned about where they'll end up if I flip the boat - maybe I should fasten them down...) You can see how the underside of the floor is constructed in the second picture - note that he angled the edges to match the curve of the hull. (I bet that took a while...)

The only bad thing about it is that you can drop some crucial piece of hardware between the board and have a hard time getting it out of there while you're sailing along. I keep all my important stuff in the clear drybox and my spare hardware in ziploc bags inside the big drybox. Obviously, I keep the mooring lines, bumpers, etc in the plastic milk cartons to keep things organized.

[www.sailmfg.com]

This guy also made a "floor" for the aft compartment in the same way, so I can strap my battery box down to it and stick a small square cooler in there, too...

Thanks Pavel!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login