Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

about to buy bandit 17

Posted by jimclark 
about to buy bandit 17
July 11, 2010 07:36PM
Hi. I'm about to get back into sailing with a 1976 (if I can believe HIN) Bandit 17. Problem is I'm lousy with my hands and this boat needs a replacement forward hatch and cuddy door. Other than that it seems pretty good except for the rigging which needs TLC Any suggestions about finding replacement parts or someone to make up items would be appreciated. Plan to sail in bays along Mass coast. Thanks!
Jim
Re: about to buy bandit 17
July 12, 2010 03:25AM
Well, my Bandit 17 has a 2-section wood door made by the previous owner; it's painted white to match the cabin color. The two-piece door works well and lets me lock the cabin up. Anyway, I can send pictures, dimensions, etc. of the door or hatch if you give me another email address; I can't get pictures to attach through this forum.

Also, you don't have to have your boat worked on by a marina; they're always extra-expensive. Any decent woodworker can made a nice cabin door for you for less money. You may want to have a wood hatch cover made, also; it's bound to be less expensive than molding a fiberglass one.
Re: about to buy bandit 17
July 12, 2010 06:19PM
Then there's hope! I wasn't planning to have the work done in a marina. Buying boat from a small boatyard that specializes in lack of documentation (we don't need no title) so I'll have to talk a friend with better skills into making something up. Please try to send pics to jaclark99@hotmail.com. Thanks so much. I'm a lot closer to buying now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login