Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jib

Posted by LeTigre 
Jib
April 17, 2006 10:08PM
So after having my mailsail stolen last summer, on my trip home from winter storage I lost my jib and the rolling furler it was on (dont ask how, i have no idea). Obviously, i am going to need to replace this. If anyone has any idea where I can purchase a new one I am open to suggestions. But more likely than not I am going to have to rebuild this from scratch. I am wondering if anyone has a parts list, or knows where I can find one to get started on replacing this. Thank you in advance, I am in a bad spot and need some help!
Re: Jib
April 17, 2006 11:29PM
Ouch! Some luck.

This should not be too hard. I can take some photos of the various parts for you and make some measurements. It might require some fabrication to be done, or perhaps there are roller furling setups out there that will work right out of the box. The harder part will be to replace the sail. One of my boats has a jib that was hand made (it actually performs rather nicely), so worst case is you have to go that route. All we need to do is find some plans.

What part of the country are you located in?

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
Re: Jib
April 20, 2006 02:32PM
I am currently residing in iowa, but will be moving to southern illinois in the coming months to begin graduate school. Any photos or plans or drawings or anything would be really great. Luckily I can at least sail the boat in the meantime, but just not the same. Thanks in advance for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login