Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My MFG Sailboat

Posted by aholden 
My MFG Sailboat
August 26, 2009 11:39PM
I have owned my MFG sail boat for about 9 years and sail on the north shore of Long Island N.Y. I am new to the group and have a few questions.
1) When I purchased my boat the registration described it as a 16' boat. Looking at the informatoin in the MFG web site, it looks like MFG never made a 16' with a cuddy cabin. So I am guessing I have a 17' Bandit.
2) Between the top of the centerboard trunk and the deck, there is a rubber gasket. Mine has deteroited after 32 years. Anyone ever replace it. I have already replaced the gasket on the bottom of the hull
3) My boat had nav lights at some time. Was wondering if anyone knows where they mounted the battery box.
The boat sails well and doesnT take much wind to get it going. Is there any place where pictures can be uploaded
Thanks for your help - sorry for the length
Re: My MFG Sailboat
August 31, 2009 03:24PM
Welcome to the site. I am guessing that the registration was shorted to keep the registration cost down (16' and under costs less). There are a couple of threads that talk about the center-board gaskets... look for Bandit 17 posts... I don't remember anything about the battery box. I keep mine tucked into a corner of the cabin in my MFG-19.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login