Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MFG 19 dock cleats

Posted by Paul 
MFG 19 dock cleats
May 09, 2009 12:45AM
I plan to launch my MFG 19 on Monday. I know this boat must have been in the water at some point (certainly not in the past 8-10 years or so), but there are no cleats! I guess it was never docked, although I cannot imagine that someone day sailed it.

So.... how are your cleats arranged? I was thinking two in the rear (one on each side). But for the front ---- one in the center or two, arranged on each side? The nice thing about the sides is that I can drill easily through the overhanging lip. If I go in the center, then that means holes in the cabin.

Paul

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
Re: MFG 19 dock cleats
May 09, 2009 02:34PM
Paul:
It's about time!!!!! Glad to hear you'll finally have the thrill of sailing your 19. I would recommend you put your cleats on the side where you can go through the overhang. I have side cleats and a humongous eye cleat on the deck just before the hatch that the previous owner had installed. I prefer the side cleats. I've finally got my hull double waxed, bottom coat on, and trim painted. The standing rigging is on the mast just waiting to be stepped. I'm aiming for next week. Post your experience after your first sail.

Good sailing!

Dick
Re: MFG 19 dock cleats
May 11, 2009 05:11PM
No dock cleats at all... I put two on the inside of the cockpit. In the front I use the bow rail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login