Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new sidewinder owner; with questions

Posted by matt1911 
new sidewinder owner; with questions
August 10, 2008 01:29AM
i reacently purchased a sidewinder sailboat (sail number 1911) . i have a few questions about the boat

-how many people can it hold?
- how can i bring out the color on the top of the boat?
- should the automatic bailer have a piece on the bottom of the hull?
- lastly my boat came without a centerboard, has anyone ever purchased or made one, if so let me know and if you made one let me know how you did it and does the weight or materials matter.

-matt
Re: new sidewinder owner; with questions
August 14, 2008 04:58AM
HELP!!!!!!!

I really want to try and get my boat out this season...........this is my first boat since I learned to sail a sunfish at Massawepie Scout Camp last summer.

Paul are you out there???? Anyone out there?????

I'm only 14 and very impatient! My parents are telling me I need to have more info before we can try and have parts made.

Matt
Re: new sidewinder owner; with questions
August 30, 2008 06:49AM
yHi Matt,

Glad you found this site. I was out of touch for a while. Sorry about that.

The boat holds two comfortably but when I was young we used to get three in there. We were small.

The color can be brought back with Maguiers color restorer followed by Maguiers boat wax. Be prepared for some elbow grease!

The bailor should sit flush on the bottom when it is closed. If it does not then something is wrong and it will probably leak.

Finally, did you see the instructions in the Sidewinder section of the site for making a new centerboard? Aluminum is the way to go. You need to keep it thin, you want something that will stay down when lowered, and you need something strong so you can right the boat if it capsizes. I hope this helps.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 06:50AM by Paul.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login