Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandit 15 spin pole

Posted by Themainerock 
Bandit 15 spin pole
July 18, 2008 04:00AM
Can someone tell me the length of the spinnaker pole for a Bandit 15? I need to get a new one. Could you also post pics of the pole and how the uphaul setup works, the manual is pretty vague at that point.

Thanks!
Re: Bandit 15 spin pole
July 20, 2008 07:02PM
My spinnaker pole is 74" end to end. I cannot help with the uphaul as it is a function of setting the correct height for the desired sail shape.
Pleae let me know if I am not correct.

Mark
July 27, 2008 06:34AM
Mark,

Thanks for the pole length, that will help tremendously. As for the uphaul info: I have neither a pole or any of the rigging for the pole, just two sheaves on the front of the mast that indicate that the uphaul and downhaul enter the mast and go somewhere. I got some info from the manual on this site and fig 29 (http://www.sailmfg.com/bandit15/bandit15rig/bandit15rig.html) but I am curious to know where they go, what they cleat on, how you are supposed to adjust them, is the line continuous or dually terminal, etc. My only spin pole experience is from racing on a 45' boat and the pole was ~15' long with a single uphaul and I find this to be confusingly different and seemingly overcomplicated but it must be so with good reason.
Thanks for your reply!
Ben
June 23, 2014 10:00PM
Just reparing my spinnaker pole this weekend. The pole was broken in half, but piecing it together it would be 72" on the aluminum shaft + the two inches for the attaching hardware.

Bought an 8 foot aluminum piece at Lowes and cut it to size. Drilled holes to hold hardware. Like new.

I know this is an old thread but hopefully it will help newer owners to the forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 07:47PM by Rockdoc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login