Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help with our "new" Pintail 14

Posted by dalooff 
need help with our "new" Pintail 14
July 15, 2008 04:54PM
Hi all:

We are really hoping to trailer our newly acquired Pintail14 up to Lake Charlevoix (northern MI) this weekend, but we're having some trouble getting it rigged. We've put messages up on the National Pintail Assoc. board with no replies. Please help, if you can!

-front jib attachment?
-boom rigging?
-boom to mast cable?
-where to find parts?
-products to buff fiberglass?
-how to keep tension on main sail?

I noticed on the map one of you is in Grand Rapids, MI which is where we are, too! Thanks in advance for any advice-

Dan & Kristin
Re: need help with our "new" Pintail 14
August 19, 2008 08:50AM
Front jib is attached to halyard, and the front of the jib is clipped to the forestay, the jib lines are run in between the side shrouds through the fairlead, and you are done.

boom is attached to the mast by sliding the front of the boom, onto the flat place on the mast, there is a pull pin and notches where you can raise and lower the boom.

the back of the boom is attached to the runner through the pully on the boom.

there is no boom to mast cable, the sail holds the boom up during operation, when not in use use the main halyard to hold the back of the boom up.

good luck finding parts... you will most likely have to modify other boat parts to fit, do extensive google searches for the parts, or find someone to or make them yourself.

buff fiberglass??? why???? you want to sand it, is there a blister in the fiberglass? Im not sure what you are wanting to do exactly by buffing the fiberglass more info I might be able to help you more.

keeping tension on the main sail is done by raising it, ive found if you hold the boom up in the back while raising the sail then stretch the halyard helps.

hope this info helps you if you need more or pics of anything feel free to email me
medic0079@gmail.com
Noah
P.S. sorry if there are any typos/misspells im tired its 0230
Re: need help with our "new" Pintail 14
August 19, 2008 05:53PM
thanks, Noah, that helps...get some rest!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login