Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another new Bandit owner

Posted by Lhotelling 
Another new Bandit owner
April 25, 2008 05:13PM
Need dimensions for Bandit 15 sails. Trying to fiqure out if I really want to make this boat sail! Need much!! Thanks for any info Lan
Re: Another new Bandit owner
April 26, 2008 01:31AM
Hi, I really enjoy my Bandit (it's my first boat) I'll send dimensions of the sails along next week when I take it out again. I modified my Bandit a little bit to make it easier to setup and sail. I routed the main halyard outside the mast so the mainsail can be raised and lowered quickly, I also replaced the boom vang with a more common type because the old vang pulley was broken.

I'll send pictures of everything I've done so far when I set it up next, hopefully Monday weather permitting.
April 28, 2008 10:12PM
Thanks for responding. It doesn't look good for sailing here in the Finger Lakes. Hopefully you're somewhere in nice weather. No hurry. My Bandit needs a great deal of tlc., so maybe not this season, but who knows! Pix of your boat would be great. The pix that Paul so nicely put on the web site were very helpful....Thanks Paul!! Just finding the website and kindred spirits helped a great deal...Thanks again Paul!! I guess I am committing to making her a sailboat again instead of a planter as my wife suggested! She was just kidding ..I think! I think most important right now is the jib and halyard measurements. I believe they are a unit.and part of the furling system, RIGHT? I am still trying to figure everything out. Oh! I forgot to tell you all... I am not a seasoned sailor, only sailed a few times on a Hobiecat and 4 or 5 times on a boat simalar to the Bandit many years ago!! I also need a boom and rudder. I think a can make the rudder if I can get some specs or even a pix with inch scales in it. I found a company (Dwyer Spars) that will provide boom material and parts for a reasonable price, so things are sort of coming together. Better get going...Thanks again for any assistance, Lan
May 08, 2008 08:04PM
Here are the dim. for the sails on my Bandit

Jib
foot 62"
head to tack 179"
jib sheet 153"x2

Main
foot 86"
head to tack 230"

Here's a link to some pictures of my Bandit

[s272.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 08:16PM by dmday3000.
May 08, 2008 08:32PM
Thanks so much. I'll check around and see what I can find. I really don't want to spend a fortune on this boat when I see boat and trailer for sale for $1000 to 1200. I need boom and rudder as well. We'll see what happens. Thanks again...Good Sailing!!...I'll be in touch. Lan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login