Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandit 15 hardware

Posted by jakent 
Bandit 15 hardware
September 21, 2007 11:41PM
I just bought a Bandit 15' and am in the process of cleaning, repairing and rigging inventory. What I seem to have missing are some of the components that go beneath the mast. The sketches show a straight rod that runs across the “socket” for the mast (which aren’t in the boxes of parts) a shaft with a pulley (which has been re-made in aluminum but never tried) and, what appears to be a spool below that (which I do not have).

Any idea where I can either get parts and/or a good picture and attempt to fabricate new ones?
Re: Bandit 15 hardware
September 27, 2007 06:10PM
I'll try to get to pics tonight.
September 28, 2007 09:43PM

The top pin uses a shackle to guide the boomvang which is attached to the middle rod (the pulley is used for mechanical advantage. There are three pulleys on the bottom for spin, main, and jib halyards.

I just rigged mine for the first time. The jib is badly stained. She sailed down the street rather nicely.

September 28, 2007 11:08PM
That helps alot! Thought I'llhave to get a bit creative with the bottom three pulleys. Might you have a diameter and width?

Thanks,
Jim
June 23, 2014 09:49PM
That is a great help for me as well. This will serve as a bump hopefully for other B15 owners
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login