Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sidewinder parts

Posted by snavet 
sidewinder parts
August 16, 2007 02:50AM
looking for a good main sail or looking to sell parts.
Re: sidewinder parts
May 27, 2008 06:54PM
Hello, I am trying to repair my '74 Copperhead (See my post: Copperhead - Getting it going again - Need Help) and was checking on your progress. I am looking for either the Gudgeon (bracket on stern of boat to attach the rudder) part or photo and measurements if you can help.

Thank you very much!

John Maynard - jrm@maynardweb.com
July 08, 2008 05:56AM
looking for toe strapping. anyone have any for sale or know of anyplace that sells it? just bought my first sailboat, a sidewinder, and am doing a few minor repairs. had not sailed in like 20 years, took it out after i got it and i gotta say, i love it.

also, the self furling jib is missing some bottom parts and rope, not even sure what all it needs, any help would be appreciated. is it supposed to self furl by spring or what?

thanks,

james
July 10, 2008 12:56AM
james

as for the furler it's manual to wind the jib use the sheets to unwind. One of the newsletters had a complete parts run down. All the parts are common plumbing fittings. If you can't find it I can take a pick of mine for you.

just got my sidewinder this spring, and just now got it ready for water(except my auto bailer gasket is a little dry rotted). Taking her out tomorrow hope she floats, and I learn how to sail her pretty quick.
July 14, 2008 07:14PM
thanks, you're right. i looked at the rigging diagram and i think i have it. gonna try it this weekend. been so long since i sailed that i really question whether i will be using the jib at all. seemed to be going fast enough to scare me with just the mainsail. still, this boat is a heck of a lot of fun.
August 11, 2008 12:27AM
Hi,
I have just recently inherited my old Sidewinder on which I learned to sail in the 1970s, but need to replace some parts inluding the jib roller furling. Where can I find the listing of the parts/plumbing parts to put one together?

Thanks

kvksails
August 12, 2008 01:29PM
I don't know of anything more than the info already posted on the website. No one stocks parts amy longer due to the age of the boat and the number of years it has been off the market. But a lot of people have bee able to fabricateany of the parts and items such as the bailer can still be purchased.

You mention the roller furling. Can you give an idea of what you need? Do you need a photo of the mechanism?

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
August 13, 2008 03:53PM
A photo of the furling mechanism would help. It is no longer attached and no one can find it.

My email address is kpharm@qis.net.

Thanks.

k
August 30, 2008 06:56AM
I will post a photo this weekend. Sorry for the delay. I had an extended absence.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login