Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this forum still alive?

Posted by Dick51 
Is this forum still alive?
March 21, 2014 08:20PM
Since I haven't seen anything posted since November I thought I'd check and see if our website is still up and running. Despite the fact that temps are going to go down again here in central Ohio, I'm getting itchy to get to the lake and start the spring cleaning of the boat. Hopefully someone will share my feelings and we can get SailMFG running again.
Re: Is this forum still alive?
March 22, 2014 03:22AM
Here in southern MN where the snow is still 2 feet deep in my backyard I wait for sun and wind in my face. I own a 1975 Whip and have yet to put it in the water. Bought it in the fall of 2012 and spent a few hundred hours over the course of 2013 turning it into a like new boat. This will be it's year to make wakes. What do you sail ?
March 23, 2014 05:02PM
I have a 1977 MFG19 I bought 10 years ago. She used to be docked at Lake Erie in the summers. I prefer a small inland lake here in central Ohio which is only a 12 miles from home. From May through October I sail 2-3 days a week.
June 20, 2014 07:23PM
I have been registered a year but just getting ready to get my Bandit up and running. I hope there are enough MFG boat owners with expertise to help me restore it.

Dan
June 20, 2014 07:59PM
Hi Dan,
Replied to your other message on rudder / tiller. One thing I did after I got the Bandit, trying to find other owners nearby doesn't appear to be an option. It's getting more scarce. I did download all the pdf files from here for rigging and setup; downloaded all the owner photos - they were very helpful for giving some clue about how the rigging went, if it wasn't covered in the original typed manual from the 70's. I printed all of those pdfs and photos, and paid couple of dollars to bind it into my own manual. It's a small thing, but it really helps to keep the papers organized and so that I can take notes. Will keep that to pass on to a subsequent owner as well.

I also found some photos of the other non-bandit 15 boats were helpful as well.
June 23, 2014 09:13PM
Did the same, guess that is sound. I printed averything I could find on the boat as well. I even printed the sales flyers. I found a plan for the jib

[sailritesails.com]

I found a small boom vang and roller furling listed at West Marine, but looking a piecing all the components I will be investing a small fortune (if buying new). Hopefully I can get the pieces around town. I live in Coastal Virginia, there should be a ton of sail boats and parts here but haven't been trying to find the pieces as hard as I can. I have had the boat for about two years now and figure I am not getting any younger.

Have to keep at it.
July 06, 2014 09:12PM
Have you tried the Defender catalog? They have a lot of sailing hardware and much less expensive than West Marine.
July 09, 2014 07:36PM
Hey thanks for the tip. I will give it a look see. I trust there is an online catalog?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login