Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1968 Redhead

Posted by michaelreich 
1968 Redhead
May 22, 2015 03:56AM
I bought subject boat a year ago and have been working It since. I am getting close to finishing, but I have a couple questions. Does anyone know what the brass plug is that is just ahead of the keel, on the right side? Is this some kind of ballast or the auto bailer that is supposed to be on the boat? Also, would anyone have a picture or two of the sail rigging? I am not sure mine is right because the knot gets caught in the space in the mast.

This is my first sailboat and I am really excited about learning. Thanks for any help.

My email is: free456@yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 03:58AM by michaelreich.
Re: 1968 Redhead
May 22, 2015 04:24AM
If anyone has pictures, please send them to me as well and I will post them to the site for future reference.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
May 26, 2015 03:25AM
If there is anyone still on this forum, there is officially another MFG that is sailable. I took her on her maiden voyage today after a year serious repairs, including repairing holes in the hull. She performed really well. I am still afraid to open the brass circle, lol
June 15, 2015 03:17AM
Well done! Glad to see another boat brought back. I have 2 Bandits that I am working on. I have one sailing but I need to work on the bailers and put in a new gasket for the center board.
June 16, 2015 02:08AM
Glad to see the forum is still active and there are a few more MFG sails on the water. My 1977 MFG19 is back in the water and waiting for the Ohio monsoon season to end. Ironically a 1978 MFG19 is now docked beside me. Nice to have company. Fair winds to you all and especially to Paul!
June 18, 2015 08:42PM
Thanks for the kind words. The Redhead seems to be a really nice little boat. I have had it out a couple times now and it is a good boat for a beginner, like me.

I will try to get some pictures posted.

Paul - thanks so much for maintaining this site.

Michael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login