Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bandit centerboard shock cord system

Posted by Rockdoc 
bandit centerboard shock cord system
September 01, 2014 06:23AM
Took boat 2 out yesterday and today. Wish it were un eventful but remaster due to one of the pins on the mast side stays failing . Had to get a tow back to dock. Thanks to a generous captain who was nearby.

I need to replace a lot of hardware for sure.

Please help a new owner out if you can. The centerboard's shock cords are broken an I am sort of guessing how to arrange new cords. Does any one have a diagram, picture of a working arrangement or can provide instructions on the system?

Cheers,

Dan
Re: bandit centerboard shock cord system
September 02, 2014 05:17PM
Hey I went into the pictures of the Bandit on the website and think I have the answer from one of them. Thanks anyway.

Dan
September 24, 2014 03:34PM
Dan,
I bought about 18 linear ft of shock cord and it was more than enough. At this point, the centerboard on my bandit does not move as freely as it used to so there is little need for the shock cord (shock cord only helps keep it down, right?). I think I need to get a new rubber gasket for mine.
September 24, 2014 04:32PM
Hi Jay,
I was kind of thinking the centerboard was waited so with a totally old, stretched out cord (that broke) on the last trip out I found that the center board wants to just lift up under weigh. I got like 16 feet of shock cord and replaced it and I think that will keep it down better. While if was lifting up while sailing I had to kind of jam material into the centerboard to make it stay. Not the best thing.

Think this spring I will replace the gasket as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login