Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Designed a Bandit Tshirt

Posted by Rockdoc 
Designed a Bandit Tshirt
August 07, 2014 03:20PM
I really like all my sailing related t shirts so I thought I would give a go at designing one for one of my Bandit boats. It has a sail number 24. I designed it on Custominc.com and I kind of like the way it looks. I think it could be adapted for all the mfg line of sailboats.

Here is a picture of the shirt:

[www.sailmfg.com]

Dan
Re: Designed a Bandit Tshirt
August 08, 2014 01:44AM
Wow. That is really nice. Well done.

If I wanted to do something like that for a sidewinder, how should I proceed?

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
August 08, 2014 05:07AM
[www.sailmfg.com]

Hi Paul,
I messed around with images I found and used Custominc . I will upload the shirt back on the next post.
August 08, 2014 05:10AM
Paul, here is the back of the shirt. Looks good I think. I saved the design and I can send you the link so you can order it.

[www.sailmfg.com]

Dan
August 08, 2014 03:43PM
Hey thanks for the research and work to get a shirt that I (and likely others) will buy. I appreciate this very much, Dan.

Please send or post the link.

Paul
August 08, 2014 04:30PM
Thanks Paul,

It was pretty easy for that. It would be great to get sail plans for all the boats but I have come up short on the Copperhead and Whip. Maybe someone could provide them and shirts could be made for them. The way it works with the company is kind of strange. They are sort of one off productions. I can try to put it on Google Bookmarks. Other than that I will shoot the links to your email after a PM. You will have to go to the site and make an order. I just did the design online. I think if you are only getting 2 or 3 they are like $24. They will be less if you order more and they may not be the same for the different boats. Depends on colors of ink I think.

Bandit: [www.customink.com]
Sidewinder: [www.customink.com]

Dan
August 15, 2014 05:19AM
Hi Dan,

Well I tried to place the order on the very day you posted the information. Unfortunately the resolution of the images is not enough and they told me thy could not make the shirts.

Paul
August 15, 2014 03:11PM
Durn, I will see if I can run the images through photoshop and clean them up, post with new resolution. Stand bye.

Dan
August 15, 2014 07:23PM
Thanks, Dan. Here is what they wrote to me:

"While preparing your order, I noticed that the both of the images that were uploaded from your computer into the designs are not big enough to print.

To print clearly, the image must be 72DPI or 1000 x 1000 pixels when sized to how big it will be on the shirt. "

Paul
August 15, 2014 07:39PM
Hey Paul,

I did a bit of old school and a bit of new school technology to get the images a bit better. I renamed the enhanced shirt Swinder and the link is below. I hope this one will work better.

[www.customink.com]

Dan
August 15, 2014 07:54PM
Got off the phone with a representative and she stated that the boat artwork needs to be redone. They will do it for free if you put in an order of 6 shirts. At that rate (6 shirts) the cost per shirt would be $25.53. If you could find 5 more Sidewinder owners who want one it would be good. Otherwise not sure where we stand. Same thing with the Bandit shirt as well. Durn.

Well any other Bandit owners want to order a shirt, shoot me a PM.
August 21, 2014 10:03PM
Well I did a rework of the art myself and think I have the answer. If you wish you can try it again. Other than placing a big order I hope this enhancement worked.

Dan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login