Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

line lengths

Posted by Sidewinder1 
line lengths
September 17, 2013 03:11PM
Good morning,

I got out yesterday rigged up the sidewinder on the trailer. More or less to see if everything was there. Everything rigged up and the boat looked pretty good. Some of the Lind that came with the boat looks a little off though, my halyard is about the 40 foot it should be, down haul is enough to go fro. The boom to the cleat on deck with a little to spare. There is a little line going from my tiller from a little plastic eye, it has an S hook on the end... no clue what that's for. Main sheet is real thick line... 1/2 to 3/4" and probably 10 to 15' long... seems short... I have more main sheet on my sunfish. Jib sheet seemed real short too... maybe 20'... enough to go through the cleats with maybe a foot to spare.

If anyone has the lengths and size of the lines to a sidewinder it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when rigging the jib sheet, does it go on the inside or outside of the stays? And what knot should be tied to the jib when connecting the jib sheet?

Thanks,

Matt
Re: line lengths
September 17, 2013 08:37PM
Matt,,

Figure 15 here: [www.sailmfg.com]

will show you how the jib line is connected to the jib. There are also some line lengths specified in there.
Jib sheets go outside the stays.

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
Re: line lengths
September 17, 2013 09:05PM
Paul,

Thanks for the info, after i posted this i went back and read through that. Very helpful to those who read it lol.

Jib Sheet : 5/16" dia X 25'

Halyard : 3/16" dia X 40'

Center Board : 3/16" dia. X 6'

Roller Furling : 3/16" dia. X 18'

The only line im missing is the Main Sheet. I would assume its going to be 5/16" dia. But i dont know what Length..... 25' maybe?? same as Jib Sheet?

Thanks,

Matt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login