Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whistler11 Rigging Questions

Posted by Goatman 
Whistler11 Rigging Questions
September 11, 2013 12:58AM
I plan on adding a "Topping Lift" to my 1965 Whistler11. Most of the pictures I've seen include a more complicated set-up which includes multiple pulley's etc.. I'm thinking of simply attaching a 3/16" line from the end of the boom using a HB Shackle. On top of the mast I'll connect a small Micro Block pulley. Then at the bottom of the mast I'll need a cleat.

My concerns are:
1) Where to attach the Micro Block at the top of the mast so that it doesn't interfere with anything.
2) Does it make sense dropping the line down the side of the mast or should I simply attach the line up at the top and just un-hook the connection on the boom to disconect. I'm thinking that there really isn't a lot of reason for having it come back down again and it may just become something else to get tangled up in my jib line or main sail line.

My main reason for getting a Topping Lift was to eliminate the headache when dropping sail and having the boom get in the way.

Also, if I were to look for a spiniker sale, what would be my best route to get one for this old lady?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Mitch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login