Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mfg 19'

Posted by Lynn 
mfg 19'
October 30, 2008 05:16AM
Just bought Bills 19' on the Great Salt Lake! Will take here out tommorow! Question about the original rudder? Does anyone have a picture? Does anyone know if you can buy or have one fabricated? Does any one have and extra or want to sell one?

Thank,
Re: mfg 19'
October 31, 2008 12:35AM
Lynn:
Welcome to the forum. Although I've had my boat for over 5 years I can't say it is the original rudder. I had some issues with my rudder a few years ago and took it to a man who restores Lyman boats (wooden power boats). According to him, my rudder is made of Phillipine mahogany. His suggestions worked well and the rudder is still in operation. I'll be glad to take measurements of mine and possibly some photos if it will help. Don't count on finding Phillipine mahogany without paying big bucks. I checked with several boatyards and lumberyards around the Lake Erie area without any success. An Amish lumberyard nearby has indicated that they could craft one out of a different wood but no price was discussed. Good sailing!

Dick
October 31, 2008 03:44AM
Thanks for your info Dick! I am just into the info gathering phase. This next Spring I hope to do a lot! If it would not be to much trouble I would love a photograph or two of you rudder. If you could e-mail me that would be great! Measurements are also helpful since my boat is going to winter in the Great Salt Lake marina. Thanks again for your reply!

Lynn
November 03, 2008 03:46PM
Hi Lynn, Welcome to the forum... and to MFG19 sailing
Drop me an email at ceaston@emcc.edu. I'll kick back the pictures I have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login