Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

securing Ancor Rode on Pintail

Posted by gorouser 
securing Ancor Rode on Pintail
February 28, 2012 03:27AM
Quick Question: What is the best way to secure the ancor rode to a Pintail for an evening Gunkhole. I'ver heard to loop mast but it is stepped almost 18 inches below the foredeck, I think it would chafe the top.
Re: securing Ancor Rode on Pintail
February 28, 2012 05:09AM
hmmm.... do you have a spell checker doing strange things or did you really intend to write that?

Paul
Webmaster: sailmfg.com
Re: securing Ancor Rode on Pintail
March 11, 2012 08:29PM
To Paul the Webmaster?????????????? Have I used some unfamilliar Lingo? It's not a spell checker issue considering I miss spelled Anchor. My Pintail has no hardware to secure the rode (Rope) of the anchor. I was hoping someone would share an Idea that they really liked.

Definition: Gunkholing is a boating and sea kayaking term referring to a type of cruising in shallow or shoal water, meandering from place to place, spending the nights in coves. The term refers to the gunk, or mud, typical of the creeks, coves, marshes, sloughs, and rivers that are referred to as gunkholes. While not necessary, gunkholers typically seek out the serenity of isolated anchorages over the crowds of marinas and popular bays, and a minimal draft is preferred, since gunkholers tend to go as far up and into the gunkholes as possible, seeking ever more inaccessible destinations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login