Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MFG19 Mast light

Posted by DaleWray 
MFG19 Mast light
July 26, 2011 03:54AM
My mast light is missing its connection at the mast step - I am faced with two pairs of wires with bare ends. Clearly this is not a good idea. How was the original connector done? Is there a better way? Does it connect inside the mast, or outside?
Re: MFG19 Mast light
July 27, 2011 03:14AM
Where does the wire come from(base of mast, through the side of mast or other), and how long are your wires? A simple waterproof two pole connector will do the trick. Attach one connector at the base and the other to the through-the- deck wire for connection to the panel distribution. The through-the- deck should be waterproof . Hope this helps. Enjoy your 19 as much as I have mine for the past 9 years.

Dick
July 27, 2011 09:52PM
The current setup:
One cable out the bottom of the mast, the other up from under the mast step. I don't think there is enough space in there to leave the plug in the gap, so I'll either leave it hanging, or find a way to rivet the mast side to the outside of the mast.
August 05, 2011 02:40PM
No need to try to stuff a plug in the gap. Get a pair of two pole waterproof plugs ( like for a trailer connection) and connect your wires. It won't hurt a thing to leave your wires hanging.
Joe
August 06, 2011 04:47AM
Go to your local autoparts store and ask for a weather pack connector. You can get them from 1 to about 8 pins. Napa should have some in stock.

Joe
Sidewinder #327
August 13, 2011 12:04AM
Thanks!
Right now I have a silicone filled wire nut on it. The wire is just too short to get a good crimp on it. I'll get a weather pack connector to use when we take down the mast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login